Monday, February 23, 2009

It's almost March

I know... I haven't been doing a very good job keeping my blog updated. We've been busy and I have found Facebook. If you are reading this and haven't signed up for facebook, you must. It is a quick and convenient way to stay connected with friends and family. Congrats to my mom for recently joining Facebook.

We just returned from a 10 day vacation to Florida. We had a great time visiting friends and family. Some of which I haven't seen in years. Victor and I went on a cruise to the Bahamas. We had a great time and plan to get away together soon.

The kids are awesome. Colin is still the little actor/comedian that he has always been. He loves the show, "Drake and Josh". Hearing him sing the theme song cracks us up. He still loves school and looks forward to each day.

Madelynn is still doing great in school and has many friends. Here is a conversation we had the other night.

Madelynn: "Mommy, you're the best mommy in the world."
Me: "What makes me the best mommy?"
Madelynn: "You give me a bath, take me to school, fix me dinner."
Me: "Awe, thanks Madelynn."
Madelynn: "Oh yeah, you mop the floors and wash my clothes, too."

It is amazing how my housework does not go unnoticed to my 5 year-old daughter. It reminds me of a couple of years back. Madelynn was looking at the cover of the Cinderella DVD. You know the cover, Cinderella in her rags, sitting on the floor with a mop bucket. Madelynn said to me, "Mommy, (pointing at the cover of the DVD) look, it's you!" Priceless!

Phoebe is getting ready to turn 16 (April 21). She has yet to take driver's ed. (a requirement in GA). We are planning to send her on Spring break. She is doing great in school.

Victoria is also doing well in school. She had her first band performance a couple of weeks ago. She made first chair (trumpet). The beginning band did an awesome job.

School for me is going smoothly. I am down to one class and will start two more classes in March. I will begin some accounting classes (finally)! I was having some pain in my upper-abdomen before we left for vacation. I had been having pain in that spot off and on for a year or so. I decided to finally get it checked out. We thought it may be my gallbladder. The ultrasound showed nothing wrong with my gallbladder but something on my liver. I will be having a HIDA scan to see what exactly is causing the pain. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Victor went back to work today. He seemed anxious to see what has been happening in his department while he was away. I'm sure he will have a long week. Thank goodness that he still has five weeks of vacation remaining. He will definitely need it.

No comments:

Madelynn was upset

Madelynn was upset
We told Victoria to only hunt a specific color egg. Madelynn was mad because she couldn't hunt for those eggs also. She made out like a bandit, $14.00, enough for 2 trips to McDonalds!

Happy Easter Colin!!

Happy Easter Colin!!

Madelynn with her Easter basket

Madelynn with her Easter basket

Madelynn and Colin hunting for eggs

Madelynn and Colin hunting for eggs

Madelynn's easter Party

Madelynn's easter Party

Victoria hunting Easter eggs

Victoria hunting Easter eggs
Who said 11 was too old?

Madelynn in her BIG goofy hat!

Madelynn in her BIG goofy hat!

Up Up and Away!!

Up Up and Away!!
Madelynn and Colin share the front seat!